Classroom: Phonics for Parents
Phonics for Parents is a simple Phonics instructional guide for parents.
This is intended towards the parents to help them build a good reading platform for kids at home.
The use of these resources is strictly for personal use.
If you intend/plan to use it for commercial purposes, please send me an email – email@example.com
Do not modify, reuse or sell any printables and resources.
For use of this material, please attribute credit to Vitamin Simple
Introduction Video - Phonics for Parents Classroom:
The Phonics for Parents classroom project is designed to help parents build a good reading platform at home.
Phonics is how to sound the composition of a word. When you learn music, you learn the notes to sing a song, similarly when you are learning to read, knowledge of phonics helps spell/sound the words. Traditionally, many of us have learnt through a look-say method of reading which primarily relies on memorization concept. With Phonics, 85% of the English language can be broken down into simple set of rules, with 15% of the words still falling into the exceptions and have to be learnt through the memorization method - but the good news is this is constant list.
When introducing reading to children, its important to balance reading and Phonics together to set a good reading platform.
Its essential to begin reading very early and “Read to Learn”, and slowly introduce basic phonics concepts, gradually advancing the information. The more you read the more phonics concepts will be reinforced and will come alive.
This goals of this classroom project:
- Create a Structured/Step by Step Approach to Learn Phonics for Parents
- Make simplified and efficient resources for time-crunched parents – Snapshots and simplified explanations and parents can find this a one stop shop for all their Phonics queries
- Create a free integrated package for each session – simple Instuctional video and integrated printables and resources package for parents to use.
Phonics for Parents Classroom Project Index
Suggestive Age Groups:
- For children upto 4 years old – Only Focus on Sessions 1 and 2.
- For Children 4 years and above – introduce Session 3
- For Children 5 years and above – gradually introduce Sessions 4 and above